The Personnel & Finance Committee is appointed by the Mayor after every City Council election, usually in December. The members serve for two-year terms, at the pleasure of the Mayor. There are no term limits, however all members must be elected city council. At this time there are 3 members. Meetings are open to the public, but do not have a public comment period.
The Committee reviews activities related to the following city functions:
• Administer budget process.
• Recommend amendments to the budget.
• Administer debt approval process.
• Receive and review annual audit and recommend award of audit services.
• Review and recommend changes in the fiscal policy.
• Recommend water and sewer rates and other fees to offset the cost of services provided.
• Review and revise internal control functions.
• Approve financial reporting process.
• Review and revise system of risk management.
• Review and recommend changes to the personnel manual.
• Establish and maintain employee benefits.
• Review and recommend implementation of salary studies.
• Provide for recognition to outstanding citizens, groups, organizations, volunteers, committee members, employees, and others· through resolutions, luncheons, or service awards.
• Review confidential personnel matters referred to committee from the Human Resources Director, City Manager or City Attorney.
• Recruit and recommend qualified candidates for council appointed volunteers, committees, boards, commissions, and ad hoc committees.
Committee Meeting Date/Time & Membership
Committee meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of the month, unless canceled due to a lack of business. Committee meetings begin at 8:30 a.m. and meet back-to-back until all of the committees that have been called have met. Meetings are currently being held at Ball Park Community Center, 7003 Ball Park Road. Agendas are available at City Hall and are posted to the city website by 5:00 p.m. the Friday prior to the meeting date. For the most recent agendas click here.
D. Hunter Thrift - Chairperson
Payton Williams - Vice-Chairperson
A quorum of the Council may be present and may be part of any discussion, however, only the committee members may vote on agenda items before the committee.