**NOTE, due to COVID-19 Pandemic, City Hall is closed to the public, PLEASE call 336-475-4210 to establish new service. Payments may be made through our drop-box, mail, our through our website**
The Billing & Collections Division is located on the ground floor of City Hall at 10 Salem Street. We are open from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday - Friday (closed on City holidays). There is on-street parking and a public parking lot directly across Salem Street. There is also a lot behind the building with handicapped accessible parking. You may contact us by email or phone, 336-475-4210.
In order to establish services you must do so in-person at the billing office. The person who is the responsible party for the utility bill must be present to sign the contract and must be listed on the deed or rental contract. To see an example of the contract click here.
Click here for payment options.
If the residence you are moving into does not have a solid waste trash cart you must purchase a cart from the City for $52.00. There is a ten-year warranty on the cart. A recycling bin will be provided free of charge. If you are moving into an apartment complex, you should not need a cart, but check with your leasing agent.
You must provide the following information when you come to establish utility/garbage service:
IF YOU OWN THE HOME OR BUILDING
1.You must provide either closing papers, a copy of the deed, or be listed on the Davidson County Tax Records (available online).
2. A deposit is required for all residential properties of $25 if inside city limits, $50 if outside city limits*; Commercial is based on the type of use and whether inside or outside of city limits. Fees are subject to change, please see the most recent fee schedule for an up-to-date 2020 Utility Rates.
3. Provide a driver's license or other photo ID (State, School, or Employer)
4. Social Security Number.
IF YOU RENT or LEASE
1. You must provide a written rental contract, NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. A deposit is required for all residential properties of $50 if inside city limits and $100 if outside city limits*; Commercial is based on the type of use and whether inside or outside of city limits. Fees are subject to change, please see the most recent fee schedule for an up-to-date 2020 Utility Rates.
3. Provide a driver's license or other photo ID (State, School, Employer)
4. Social Security Number.
* City limits is based on the physical location of the property not the postal city address. There are areas that have a "Thomasville" address, but are not located within the city limits. You can search for your specific address on the Davidson County GIS web page.