The mission of the Thomasville Parks and Recreation Department is to foster opportunities for well-being and leisure for all. The Thomasville Parks and Recreation Department believes that in order to achieve its mission all participants, users and spectators must be held accountable for their behavior. With this in mind along with park rules and City Ordinances, the City of Thomasville asks that all Parks and Recreation facility and program users, including participants and spectators, comply with the following Code of Conduct:
All participants, spectators, and visitors to our parks and recreation amenities are expected to observe the following general codes of conduct to help insure a safe, and enjoyable experience:
- Be respectful to all participants, staff, and officials.
- In case of emergency, call 911.
- Comply with requests from officials, staff, and program facilitators/instructors.
- Comply with all facility and program rules and regulations.
- Refrain from disruptive conduct while participating.
- Refrain from any lewd, obscene, or indecent conduct or expression, including profanity, harassment, discrimination, threats, or offensive remarks.
- Refrain from causing or attempting to cause any bodily or verbal harm to others.
- Treat park property and equipment with respect.
- Possession or use of a weapon or explosive devices is not allowed.
- Selling, possessing or use of illegal drugs or alcohol is not allowed.
The Code of Conduct will be enforced by Thomasville Parks and Recreation staff. The following program of corrective actions will be in effect for offenders:
Violations of the code that do not constitute an immediate and apparent threat to the safety of others or their property will result in all or some of the following actions including, but not limited to:
- A verbal warning
- A suspension of the right to participate in the activity for a period of time
- A permanent suspension from the program for failure to correct behavior for repeat violations of this code.
Violations of the code that are deemed to constitute an immediate or implied threat to the safety of others or their property may result in a temporary or permanent suspension from the program or facility/property.
The circumstances and severity of the incident as determined by the Parks and Recreation Director or designated staff will determine the length of suspension.
In extreme cases, law enforcement will be called.