Zoning Map & Land Development Plan
- Official Zoning Map of the City of Thomasville and designated extraterritorial Jurisdiction.
Thomasville LDP 2019 Final (caution, large file)
- The Thomasville Land Development Plan will help guide future development and redevelopment
decisions of the City Planning Board and Council. This plan will serve as the City’s guide to community physical, social and economic development and will provide a rational basis for local land use decisions with a twenty-year vision for future planning.
- Provides a link to the Municipal Code of Ordinances, which includes the Thomasville Zoning Ordinance.
- Zoning District Summaries are available below for non-residential districts.
C-1 Neighborhood Commercial Summary
C-2 Highway Commercial Summary
C-3 General Commercial Summary
C-4 Central Commercial Summary
O-I Office and Institutional Summary
M-1 Light Industrial District Summary
M-2 Heavy Industrial Summary
- Application for map amendment to request a change a property(s) zoning district to another zoning district.
- Application for relief from the strict terms of a zoning ordinance, such as setback requirements, structure height, and lot coverage.
- Application for special event is activity that occurs upon public or private property that affects the ordinary use of parks, public streets, and right-of-way of sidewalks.
Historic Preservation Commission Downloads
- Application for major and minor work to the exterior of the building and significant landscape changes in the Historic District. The Certificate Of Appropriateness ensures that the work will meet Historic District Guidelines.
Commercial Development Downloads
- Application for the issuance of business certificate to conduct business within the city.
- Application for new construction, additions, alterations and repairs to commercial structures in accordance with the North Carolina Building Code.
- Application for new construction, additions, alterations and repairs to commercial or residential structures in accordance with the North Carolina Electrical and Mechanical Code.
- Application to demolish commercial or residential structures.
- Application for freestanding signs, wall signs and other types of signs that require permits.
- Application for permit to conduct business as itinerant merchant.
Residential Development Downloads
- Application for new construction, additions, alterations and repairs to one and two-family structures in accordance with the North Carolina Residential Code.
- Application for new construction, additions, alterations and repairs to commercial or Residential structures in accordance with the North Carolina Electrical and Mechanical Code.
- Guidebook to help owners, developers, and businesses to maintain and enhance their buildings within the Downtown Municipal Service District. Provides a list of resources, grants, and vendors that specialize in historic structures.
- Application for Stormwater Best Management permit (Stormwater Phase II).